help promise rescue spread the love this month by helping support our rescue dogs in need!
HELP!! We need dedicated fosters to help Promise Rescue save more lives! We have dogs with many different needs and we provide everything required to be a successful foster, including training support! Please apply below to become a foster and start the approval process! Thank you for all your help!
Promise Rescue is a 501c3 non-profit organization focused on rescuing, re-homing, and rehabbing misplaced and misunderstood dogs. We have always felt that training and support are the building blocks to happy and healthy pets. We want each and every adoptive family to have balance in their homes, and it is because of this that we put each and every dog that our rescue touches through a structured program. This program focuses on physical and mental wellness as well as confidence boosting. Whether in a foster home or our Wellness Training Center in Wilmington, we strive for consistency in our program to help ensure each dog is placed in the proper home.
This year, our goal is to launch an outreach program to help our local communities with free services and pet education. We have partnered with the Wilmington Recreational Center to provide free training and wellness classes, as well as provide microchip clinics for everyone free of charge. Our ultimate goal is to gain enough support for the community, allowing us to provide free spay/neuter certificates to those in need. With providing this free program support, our hope is to lower the rates of dogs being relinquished to shelters, and lower bite records in our area. This outreach program will be designed to educate owners and teach the importance or having a physically and mentally balanced pet. Our program will provide consistent support for those in need, holding them accountable for their family and pet’s success.
Our rescue group is completely dependent on volunteers and we run solely on donations that are 100% tax deductible. It is because of this that we need the community’s support. Please help us continue our mission, and know that any and all donations are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, or would like to talk more about how you can help, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your support,
President/Founder Promise Rescue
1. Browse our available pets and submit an adoption application.
Adoption events are the only way to meet one of our available pets without an approved application. Under no circumstances do we allow the visitation of available pets in their foster homes.
Please fill out an adoption application to become approved.
- You MUST be 23 years of age or older
- You MUST live in the state of Illinois
- Due to various rental regulations, our rescue restricts the adoption of any bully breed/mix or any pet over 30lbs to any applicant that currently resides in a rental property.
2. One of our volunteers will review your application, check your veterinary references, and set up your home visit. PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE AN ORGANIZATION COMPRISED OF VOLUNTEERS, IT MAY TAKE 24-48 HOURS TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US.
3. Once everything has been processed and approved, one of our volunteers will set up an adoption appointment with you to complete your adoption agreement and drop off your new family member.
4. SET UP YOUR TRAINING APPOINTMENTS! Training consistency is a key component in the success of integrating your new pet into your family and routine.
While it is very important to us that each pet finds their adoptive home as quickly as possible, it is also our mission to make sure that each pet and family / home environment are a good match. We want what is best for your family as well as the adopted pet, so please keep in mind that we have both your and the adoptive pets best interests at heart. If you have any questions regarding our policies, please feel free to contact our adoption coordinator.